GASTRIC BYPASS SLEEVE GASTRECTOMY GASTRIC BAND RE-EXAMINATION SURGERY DIABETES SURGERY INTRAGASTRIC BALLOON Español


Member of:





 Home > What surgeries do we perform? > Metabolic surgery / diabetes surgery

METABOLIC SURGERY/ DIABETES SURGERY

Metabolic surgery is intended to cure Diabetes type II.

Metabolic surgery is related to performing a specific obesity surgery on patients with Diabetes type II.

It originated as an obesity surgery, but thanks to accumulated experience with Gastric Bypass, it has been recognized as a cure for diabetes in morbidly obese patients.

Our team performs gastric bypass surgery via laparoscopy with several changes appropriate for this type of patient (new-stomach bigger than the conventional technique -of 60-70cc, and short loop -of 75 cm-.). This delivers a cure of the diabetes in 85% of the cases and an evident improvement in the other 15%

SURGERY INDICATED IN:

  • Patients between 25-60 years old
  • BMI (Body Mass Index) above 30 (class I obesity).
  • Diabetes mellitus type II (of adults) with less than 10 years of development.
  • Slow evolution from medical treatment:
    • High doses of oral anti-diabetes are needed.
    • Increasing need of insulin.

Bypass gástrico

+ Info in interesting links:
http://www.dmedicina.com/edicion/diario_medico/.../1021010.html
http://www.diariomedico.com/edicion/diario_medico/.../1114670.html
http://www.consumer.es/web/es/salud/.../171807.php
http://db.doyma.es/.../mrevista.fulltext?pident=13123810

Contact us - Visit our "online obesity consultation"
What treatment do I need? Check it out in 3 steps

Read more about: Most frequent questions about obesity surgery / Intragastic balloon / Gastric band / Gastric tube / Gastric by-pass / Our experience and results.
VALENCIA - SPAIN
Hospital 9 de Octubre
 
 
+34 902 431 624
Copyright © 2005-2009. Clinicas Obesitas S.L.U. Legal advice